Tips for Successful RV Storage in Plymouth, MA
RVs can provide a fantastic form of transportation and recreation that can take you across the country. Even though you might never want your RV trip to end, there will likely come a time when you need to store your RV over the course of several weeks or months. Unfortunately, many RV owners don’t know how to properly store their vehicle and may end up with a whole host of issues, including mechanical problems and weather damage. To ensure that your RV is ready to hit the road again whenever you are, it’s important that you invest in safe and secure RV storage in Plymouth, MA during the periods of time when it is not in use:
- Weatherize your RV: The biggest threat to your RV during storage is weather damage. Heavy rain, snow, ice, wind and even sunshine can all negatively impact your vehicle and leave it with mechanical and cosmetic damage. You should make sure to reinforce your caulking and weather stripping to prevent water from getting into your RV and causing mold or mildew growth.
- Cover your vehicle: If you are planning on storing your RV outside, you will need to invest in a cover to protect it against harmful UV rays. You should also make sure to keep your tires covered, since sun exposure can damage them.
- Drain all water: During the winter months, water in your RV is likely to freeze and cause lines to break because of expansion. Make sure that all water from pipes and waste systems is completely drained to prevent freezing.
- Stabilize your fuel: During RV storage in Plymouth, MA, fuel can coagulate and form sticky deposits throughout your engine. It’s important to add a fuel stabilizer to your fuel in order to prevent these deposits from forming, since they can do serious damage to your engine.
- Store your battery: To keep batteries as functional as possible, you should remove them from your RV and store them in a place that is cool and dry. Cool temperatures that aren’t excessively cold can help maintain your battery’s charge.
- Locate a storage spot: Even though it is possible to store your RV outside successfully, you will likely not be able to completely protect it from the elements. Thankfully, there are indoor options for RV storage in Plymouth, MA available to you. Storing your RV in a secure indoor place allows you to avoid the negative impacts of weather exposure, and also gives you added peace of mind.
To keep your precious recreational vehicle in the best shape possible during storage, reserve space at A Plus Storage Corporation. We have been providing customers in and around Plymouth, MA with secure storage solutions since 2000. Our units come in a wide range of sizes with different features depending on what your needs are. We have internal and drive-up units, and we offer climate control to preserve your prized possessions. Regardless of what you need to store, our expert team is here to help answer any questions you have—just give us a call today!
Categorised in: RV Storage