If you’re a boat owner, you might be itching to get back out on the water once the weather warms up. Summer is still a few months away, but you want to make sure that your boat is ready to hit the water when the weather finally clears up. For the most enjoyable summertime boating experience, it’s important that you take all of the necessary steps to prepare your boat for winter storage and keep it protected from the elements. Investing time into proper boat storage prevents wear and damage and can increase the longevity of your boat:
- Clean out debris: Months of using your boat can leave it with quite a bit of clutter. Make sure you clear all of the trash out of your boat, along with any personal items that you may have left onboard.
- Maintain fluids: During the winter, cold weather conditions and prolonged boat storage in Plymouth, MA can cause condensation and ice from forming inside your engine. Make sure that you take the time to add a fuel stabilizer to your tank, and change your oil and antifreeze before you store your boat for the season.
- Complete service and repairs: If your boat sustained any damage over the summer, winter storage can make these problems worse. Make sure that you take care of any mechanical or surface repairs before you store your boat. Not only will this prevent more extensive damage from occurring, but it will also allow you to get back out on the water as soon as possible once the weather warms up.
- Remove electronics: The cold and wet conditions during the winter months can do a number on the electronics that you have onboard your boat. Remove any electronics from inside your boat and store the batteries in a warm, dry location during the winter.
- Invest in a quality cover: Your boat cover is responsible for safeguarding your boat from the elements, so make sure that it is in good condition. A cover that has holes in it or one that is made with a low-quality material may leave your boat vulnerable to weather-related damage.
- Find reliable storage space: To ensure that your boat is kept as safe as possible during the winter months, you should find a good place to store it. For the best results, it’s worth considering an indoor unit for boat storage in Plymouth, MA. A storage unit will be able to offer complete protection from the elements so that your boat will be ready to go when the warm weather rolls around again.
At A Plus Storage Corporation, we understand how important it is to protect your boat from the elements during the winter months. That’s why we are proud to offer outstanding options for boat storage in Plymouth, MA. We have a wide range of indoor and outdoor units, including climate-controlled options, depending on your specific needs. One of our team members would be more than happy to walk you through our different storage unit options. Just give us a call today!
Categorised in: Boat Storage