Whether you’re planning a cross-country move or you’re simply trying to consolidate some of the possessions you have around your home, proper storage in Plymouth, MA is essential. Unfortunately, a lot of people misplace or lose their items because they don’t label their boxes properly before they put items in storage. The good news is that you can avoid this issue by taking the time to properly label your boxes in accordance with an intuitive storage system:
- Stock up on the right supplies: The key to proper storage labelling is to start with the right supplies. If you want to label your boxes so that you will be able to easily find the items you need later on, you will need adhesive labels or label holders, markers and tape to create your storage labels. You will also need boxes of various sizes to store all of your different items.
- Create a storage system: For the most effective and efficient storage, it’s worth it to take the time to develop a system. You can use color-coded labels or a numeric system depending on your preferences, but you should make sure that you pick a single system and stay consistent with all of the boxes and items that you label.
- Pack smart: Packing items into boxes without any kind of categorizing can leave you with a lot of confusion and disorganization. Instead of packing boxes arbitrarily until they’re full, focus on packing items based on type or category so that everything is packed in a place that make sense. You can choose to pack items based on the room where they belong, like the kitchen, or based on the type of item, like electronics.
- Describe the items you’re storing: As you fill up each storage box, make sure to list the content of the boxes as clearly as possible on your labels. It’s a good idea to store things by category or room, but you should also include a detailed description like this to ensure that you can find everything you need as easily as possible later on.
- Write special instructions: If you’re storing any items that require special storage or handling, make sure to detail that on the box. Place labels on boxes containing fragile items or items that need to be stored in a climate-controlled environment. This will make it easier to ensure that all of the items that you are storing are being stored properly and safely.
Learn more about storage in Plymouth, MA
At A Plus Storage Corporation, we know how important proper storage in Plymouth, MA is for all of your possessions, and that’s why our team is proud to provide reliable storage solutions to our customers. We offer everything from moving and storage supplies to storage unit rental in our state-of-the-art facilities. No matter what your specific storage needs may be, our team is here to provide you with the services and the products that you need to ensure that your possessions are kept in the best condition possible. Give us a call today to find out more about everything we have to offer!
Categorised in: Self Storage