Renting a storage unit is a great way to de-clutter your garage, attic or basement without actually throwing away any of your belongings. However, you can’t just rent a storage unit and forget about it—you’ve got to keep it clean.
A clean storage unit helps ensure you get your belongings back in pristine condition, free from dust, grime and other contaminants that could lower their value. Continue reading to learn more about storage unit cleaning in Plymouth, MA:
- Set aside some time: Thoroughly cleaning a storage unit takes time. Block off at least a whole day to dedicate towards cleaning your unit. If you try to rush through the job, the results will be less than satisfactory.
- Remove all items: Your first step in storage unit cleaning in Plymouth, MA is to take everything out. Removing everything from the unit is a bit of a hassle, but it’s the only way to ensure everything gets cleaned. After all, sweeping around boxes on the floor doesn’t do much good.
- Take an inventory: While you’re removing everything, start making a list of everything that’s actually in your storage unit. There could be a whole list of things that you forgot you had in there! During this inventory, you might want to think about donating or selling some items to make extra room in your unit.
- Sweep: Now that everything’s out of your storage unit, get a broom and sweep the entire floor. Pay close attention to the corners of the unit, as that’s where you’ll find a lot of dust and debris.
- Dust boxes and items: You’ll also want to knock off all of the dust and dirt from the items in your unit before you put them back in. After all, what’s the point of sweeping out your storage unit if you’re putting dirty items back into it?
Tips for proper organization
A big part of keeping a clean storage unit in Plymouth, MA comes down to proper organization. These are a few of the best ways to keep your unit tidy and organized:
- Store furniture against walls: If you have furniture in your unit, be sure it’s all stored against one of the walls. Keeping bulky furniture up against the walls allows for more floor space for boxes and other belongings.
- Label all boxes: Writing labels on your boxes might seem like a waste of time as you’re doing it, but you’ll save yourself a ton of trouble the next time you’re looking for something specific in your storage unit.
- Make neat stacks: Stacking your boxes on top of one another makes your unit look more organized and makes it a whole lot easier to find things. Again, it’s a bit more time consuming, but it’s worth it in the long run.
Before you start thinking about keeping a clean storage unit in Plymouth, MA, you first need to know where to rent one. Whether you need a large or small storage unit, rent from A Plus Storage Corporation. We have a wide variety of sizes at some of the best prices in town—give us a call today to get started with your rental!
Categorised in: Storage Units