Storage units are great for securely storing items that aren’t used regularly while freeing up space around the house. However, storage units can quickly accumulate clutter that makes it difficult to maintain organization and promote easy access to items when they’re needed. The good news is that it doesn’t take much to get storage units in good shape. Keep reading for some advice on how to keep self storage units in Kingston, MA as clean and organized as possible.
Storage unit cleaning tips
Follow these tips to get your self storage unit in Kingston, MA into great shape this spring:
- Pack up the right supplies: Before you go to your storage unit, prepare yourself by packing up all the supplies you need to clean and organize effectively. Make sure to bring plenty of rags, cleaning products, a broom, labels, markers and garbage bags so you’ll be ready to tackle the clutter and get your storage unit looking great.
- Take stock of what’s in your unit: People who rent storage units—regardless of whether they are large or small storage units in Plymouth County, MA—often forget exactly what they have in storage. Before getting into the cleaning process, go through your unit and take an inventory of what’s in there. This can give you a better idea of how to organize the unit and how to cut down on clutter.
- Be critical about the items you’re willing to get rid of: It’s normal for the items in a storage unit to go without being used for a long time, but it’s still important to think critically about what you actually need and what you can let go. If there are items that you know you aren’t going to be using anytime soon and that don’t have any sentimental value, consider selling, donating or discarding them to free up space and cut down on clutter.
- Move things around to clean hard-to-reach spaces: It’s common for dirt and debris to accumulate in corners and underneath boxes and furniture in storage units. Make sure to move things around to clean thoroughly and get rid of dust, debris and garbage that might be hiding in the storage unit. Moving things around also provides a great opportunity to check items and make sure everything is still in good condition.
- Organize items: Once you’ve cleaned your unit, take some time to organize your possessions in a way that makes sense. Keep like items together and make sure everything has a designated place in the storage unit.
Rent self storage units in Kingston, MA
Free up some space around the house by renting self storage units in Kingston, MA from A Plus Storage Corporation. We offer a variety of storage unit options with various sizes and features to accommodate the unique needs of our customers. Whether you’re looking for a small storage unit to keep some extra things temporarily during a big move or you need long-term climate-controlled storage, we are here to help. Find out more about what we have to offer by giving us a call or stopping by for a tour.